El Paso’s largest pup has been ranked among best in Texas.
Chico, the El Paso Chihuahuas mascot came in second place out of the eleven Minor League baseball teams in Texas, thanks to Texas Monthly.
“Chico is a brilliant mascot for the chihuahuas,” says the article. “He mitigates the concerns that the franchise’s mascot is too wimpy by being literally the toughest-looking chihuahua a person can imagine, his name recalls the city’s most famous taco place and, slyly, it’s phonetically similar to El Paso’s semi-offensive nickname.”
Have you met Chico the chihuahua? Let us know what you think in the comments.
Texas Minor League Mascots
1. San Antonio Missions – Ballapeño and Henry the Puffy Taco
2. El Paso Chihuahuas – Chico
3. Sugar Land Skeeters – Swatson and Moe
4. Laredo Lemurs – Poncho the Lemur
5. Grand Prairie AirHogs – Scout
6. Frisco Roughriders – Daisy and Deuce
7. Round Rock Express – Spike
8. Amarillo Thunderheads – Storm
9. Midland RockHounds – Rocky, Juice, and Junior
10. Corpus Christi Hooks – Rusty Hook and Sammy the Seagull
11. Alpine Cowboys Bull
Watch: Fun with Chico